infopack getting started
Please download the package that has a "bin" in its name.
Please put this file into a directory completely on its
own. On a graphical windows, mac, or linux desktop, you
simply click the icon of the file that you downloaded: this will open
up a window with notes on what the program is doing. On a command
line, start it like this:
java -jar app_infopack-bin.jar
You may now start to use it:
* Direct your web browser to http://127.0.0.1:9876 this
is on your computer) and you will find a welcome page.
* You may press the 'Edit' link in the top line to edit
* Add your name in 'CamelCase' (I would be adding OliverSeidel)
and press the 'save' button.
* You should now have a new link by your name, that you can
click on; do so and it will generate a new page.
* Now, please press the 'Edit' link at the top of the page
* ... and add 'Welcome to my __first__ page!' and press the
* you will notice that the 'first' has been printed in bold
face. Please refer to the following link
http://www.radeox.org/space/snipsnap-help for further
And now, please go exploring the other options on your own. I must
say that I am particularly proud of the layout function, that you can
find on the top of each page, and at the bottom of the page with
One more Note: For those of you who do not wish to have a window
popping up when the server runs, please find the property entry
'net.os10000.bldsys.lib_logger.Logger.window_title' and change it to
'null' (without the apostrophes). This will direct logging to stderr.